The Capital Wheel will be closed until Thursday, July 14th at 5pm. See you then!
The Capital Wheel
You’ll feel like you’re sitting on top of the world when you experience National Harbor’s most iconic attraction, The Capital Wheel!
As you soar 180 feet above the Potomac River waterfront, you will marvel at the incomparable views. Sights visible include the White House and Capitol, the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, City of Alexandria, Prince George’s County and the lush parklands throughout the DC-Maryland-Virginia region.
With its 42-closed, climate-controlled gondolas each seating up to eight, The Capital Wheel operates year-round, so you can take in the changing seasons from a bird’s eye view! The Capital Wheel is available for a variety of public, corporate, and private events. Convenient catering is also available by Wolfgang Puck, whose team will provide creative seasonal concessions.
116 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, MD 20745
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday – Saturday: 10am – 12am
The Capital Wheel STEAM Program
What is STEAM? Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math! Enroll your kiddos in one of our STEAM classes to keep them learning over the summer!
Pre-K STEM Program (ages 2-4)
- 4-week program starting Friday, July 8th
- Price include classes on July 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th
- Each class discusses a different STEM aspect
Fun Facts About The Capital Wheel
- Size: 180 Feet Tall (diameter of wheel is 165 feet)
- Visible from the top of the observation Wheel: Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol, Alexandria, Prince George’s County
- Number of Climate-Controlled Gondolas: 42 (including 1 VIP Gondola, National Harbor One)
- Maximum Number of Passengers: 336 (8 per Gondola)
- Price: $15 per ride, $50 per ride in National Harbor One (VIP gondola)
- Ride Speed: 1.5 rotations per minute
- Lighting: 1.6 million LED lights, fully programmable, with a spectrum of 16.7 million colors
- Concessions: Wolfgang Puck Catering will operate concessions, and the Observation Wheel will be available for private party rental.
- Other Cities with Observation Wheels: London, Seattle, Niagara Falls, Brisbane, Perth, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Malacca Island, Pigeon Forge and Myrtle Beach.
- Manufacturer: Chance Rides, Wichita, Kansas
- Architect: Brown Craig Turner, Baltimore, Maryland
- Construction Manager / General Contractor: Cianbro
- Opened: May 23, 2014
- Art at National Harbor
- Biking/Walking Trail
- Kayak, Paddleboard, and Pedal Boat Rentals
- Local Motors
- Miller Farms Farmers Market
- Movies on the Potomac
- National Harbor Marina
- Private Boat & Yacht Charters
- Tanger Outlets
- The Capital Wheel
- The Carousel
- Tours & Sightseeing Cruises
- Urban Pirates
- Water Taxis
- Waterfront Dining
- WaveOne Open Water Swimming
- Winter Date Night