National Dog Day at National Harbor
Celebrate National Dog Day at National Harbor with a variety of activities for your furry friends!
- UniverSoul Circus Dog Demonstration: Meet the famous dogs that were also featured on America’s Got Talent and their trainer at 11am on the Waterfront Plaza.
- The Capital Wheel: Dogs ride free with paying guests. Enjoy swag bags, doggie and human treats as well as beer specials at Flight Deck. Bring a can of dog food to donate and get $5 off admission to The Capital Wheel.
- Make it a stay: Westin National Harbor, The Residence Inn National Harbor and AC Hotel National Harbor are all dog friendly hotels. At the Westin, a full dog set-up comes with your stay that includes a dog bowl, mat and a dog bed. The Westin also has an outdoor dining area that allows dogs.
- Boating in DC: as a variety of boat options including hydrobikes, kayaks, paddleboards with paddleboard lessons available, swan and dragon pedal boats. Dogs are allowed on some of the boats. Boating in D.C. has some (limited) dog life jackets and recommends you might want to bring one if you have it.
- Shopping: Several retail outlets off dog items including Carhartt and Corinto Gallery.
- Outdoor Fun: Accokeek Foundation at Piscataway Park (3400 Bryan Point Rd., Accokeek, Md.) is the perfect place to celebrate National Dog Day with miles of trails to explore along the Potomac River. Dogs must be leashed.
Can’t make it August 26th? The Glenn Dale Splash Park (11901 Glenn Dale Blvd., Glenn Dale, Md.) will hold a Doggie Dip in its main pool on Thursday, Sept. 9 from 6-8 p.m.